Sephora's Beauty Insiders special gets you 15% off your purchases (promo code: CHIC) now until April 21. So, I decided to finally get the uber popular Clarisonic facial scrub system thingy. I was not too familiar with the system but heard so many great reviews about it, so it was weird that I didn't get it already.
I should be receiving it next week. I'll review it if it doesn't work out for me but if it works fabulously like everyone else reviewed it then silence is golden!
What I had a hard time finding out is the difference between the different system available. Mia, Mia2 , Plus, Acne...and I know the systems are ultimately the same so I had to think about what I needed? What did I want out of this system?
Better skin is one thing, removing dry patches, smoother skin, better absorption of my moisturizer, smoother make up application and also wanted to clean my neck and underarms better. It sounds like Clarisonic can do all that so why hesitate? Oh yes, the price! But it looks like 15% is better than nothing although other websites offer better discounts. I've seen the Clarisonic systems go for 20% off BUT the websites usually offer the old system and NO bundles or kits like Sephora does. I think it's worth getting all the freebies from Sephora and especially worth waiting for specials. Also, it had to be now so I can go through the "purge" phase sooner than later i.e. NOT on wedding day.
Another big question I had was, can I use the Clarisonic with other cleansers I already have? I use Cetaphil in the morning and ProActiv cleanser at night and neither of them really makes bubbles. Will it be okay to use with the Clarisonic? or is the system only effective with the Clarisonic products? Looking at some sets that include cleaners from Boscia, I guess the answer would be no.
Which set would you have picked for your first ever purchase of a Clarisonic system?
This, this or that? All at 15% off. All info can be found on Sephora.
This set contains: $159- Clarisonic Mia2 Skin Cleansing System
- 1.7 oz Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel
- 2.8 oz Boscia Bright White Mask
- 100 x Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens
Picking between the Clarisonic PLUS systems which has a third speed for body cleaning!
This set contains: $225- Clarisonic PLUS (three colors available)
- Universal Charging Cradle (100v-240v AC; 50/60 Hz)
- Sensitive Brush Head
- Body Brush Head
- 1 oz trial size of Refreshing Gel Cleanser
- 1 oz trial size of Nourishing Gel Cleanser
- 1 oz trial size of Gentle hydro Cleanser- 2 oz trial size Refining Skin Polish
(the picture shows all the bottles but in the details, there were only two cleansers stated sooo I'm not sure what I will be getting).
This set contains: $225- Clarisonic® Plus in Pink
- Universal charging cradle
- Sensitive brush head
- 1 oz Refreshing Gel Cleanser
- 2 oz Refining Skin Polish
- Body brush head
- Body brush extension handle
- 4.2 oz Lancôme Flash Bronzer
- Polka dot bag
I would not be needing the flash bronzer so I didn't pick this one.
- Clarisonic® PLUS with three speeds
- International Charging Cradle
- Sensitive Brush Head
- Sensitive Body Brush Head
- 0.5 oz Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer 40+ UVA/UVB
- 1 oz Ole Henriksen Truth Serum™ Collagen Booster
- 2 x 0.5 oz Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads
- 2 oz Clarisonic Refining Skin Polish
- 1 oz Clarisonic Nourishing Care Cleanser
- 1 oz Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser
- 1 oz Clarisonic Refining Gel Cleanser
I was contemplating this set because I actually use the Josie Maran moisturizer but the pattern is awful so that was the tipping point of not getting this set.
and yes, Pinterest too!